This form is for general enquiries about the roles and functions of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and the laws it regulates. Our website also has a list of FAQs that may assist you with your query.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner has responsibility under:
- to promote awareness and understanding of FOI
- promote a pro-disclosure culture across the Australian Government
- provide external merits review of Australian Government FOI decisions
- Investigate complaints about agencies and Ministers handling of FOI applications
- to provide information and advice about privacy
- investigate and conciliate privacy complaints
- conduct audits
- undertake promotional and educational activities
- Information policy
Service provided by
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
If you wish to COMPLAIN about a PRIVACY breach, you must do so in writing. Please see our webpage on Making a Privacy Complaint.
If you wish to request a REVIEW of an FOI decision then you must do so in writing. Please see our webpage on Requesting a Review.
If you wish to COMPLAIN about an FOI decision you must do so in writing. Please see our webpage on Making a Complaint.
PDF forms open in a new browser window and may require a later version of Adobe Reader .