Company logo
Please resolve the following issues before proceeding
Click on an issue to go directly to the related section of the form.
errors found:
warnings found:

Complaint Form

* Required
Bullet Point LIst Item
The ACT Ombudsman investigates complaints about the administrative actions of the ACT Government. You can use this form to register a complaint.
Bullet Point LIst Item
For more information about privacy read our Privacy Policy.
Bullet Point LIst Item
This form must be completed in a single session.
Bullet Point LIst Item
Information in this form is sent to us via the form service and is encrypted.
What is your complaint about? *
We can investigate complaints about the decisions and actions of ACT Government agencies responsible for services such as public housing, corrective services, planning and municipal services; and problems with freedom of information requests, such as processing delays and charges. We cannot investigate complaints about the actions of ACT Government ministers or politicians; private individuals; or environment, health and young person services (there are special commissioners to deal with these issues); decisions of courts and tribunals; and public service employment.
We cannot investigate your complaint
We cannot investigate , as these matters are outside our powers.
The ACT Human Rights Commission may be able to assist with your complaint. Their contact details are: Internet: Phone: 02 6205 2222
The ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal considers these complaints. Their contact details are: Internet: Phone: 02 6207 7740
Complaints about ACT Policing are investigated under the jurisdiction of the Commonwealth Ombudsman

Policing services in the ACT are delivered by the Australian Federal Police, an Australian Government agency.

To make a complaint about ACT Policing, please lodge a complaint with the Commonwealth Ombudsman. Internet: Please use the Commonwealth Ombudsman Complaint Form . Select ‘Other Australian Government Agency’ from the dropdown menu and type 'ACT Policing' in the organisation field. Phone: call 1300 362 072
Have you lodged a complaint with the complaint handling area of the organisation you are dissatisfied with? *
Complaint reference number and date lodged
Provide any complaint reference number the organisation you are complaining about has to identify your complaint, and the date you lodged your complaint with the organisation. Do NOT provide your tax file number (TFN) or any confidential numbers.
Contact the organisation involved before you submit this form

We usually do not investigate a complaint until it has been raised with the organisation involved. This gives the organisation an opportunity to solve the matter first.
We suggest that you lodge a complaint with Housing ACT. The contact details are: Internet: Phone: 1800 132 468 Email:
We suggest that you lodge a complaint with the with the complaint-handling area of the organisation you are dissatisfied with by contacting the Canberra Connect service:Internet: 13 22 81Online Form:
If this does not resolve your complaint, you are welcome to contact us again with the response provided to you.
Do you believe there are special reasons for you to submit a complaint to us without first lodging a complaint with the organisation you are dissatisfied with? *

Contact details

Fields marked with * are required
Your details
Important information about anonymous complaints

You may complain to us anonymously, however, if you do so it may be difficult or impossible for us to investigate your complaint. We will not normally investigate an anonymous complaint unless there is sufficient information in the complaint to enable us to conduct an investigation and the complaint raises a serious matter. In addition, if you lodge a complaint without providing your contact details we will not be able to respond to you or obtain further necessary information. Please phone our office if you want to confirm if we can accept your complaint anonymously. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.
Do you wish to make this complaint anonymously?
Date of birth
Are you making this complaint on behalf of someone else? *
Complete an Authorisation Form

You can submit a complaint on behalf of someone else. Before we can investigate the complaint, a consent form must be signed by the person you are making the complaint on behalf of. We may also need to contact the other person to confirm details of the complaint.

Download the Permission for another person to act on my behalf declaration and attach a completed copy at the end of this Complaint Form.
Details of the person you are making this complaint for
Date of birth

Complaint details

Fields marked with * are required
In some situations, we may decide that a complaint would be best handled by being transferred back to the organisation being complained about for action. Do you consent to us transferring your complaint in these circumstances? *
Do you wish to attach files to your complaint?
How to attach files

After you press the Submit button, you will be taken to a new page where you can upload attachments. You must press the Continue button after you add your files otherwise your submission will not be complete.
© ACT Ombudsman 2017
footer logo
error(s) Found
Please touch here to resolve the first error.
white warning icon image