Form: Land Valuation Objection Form


What is this form for?

Use this form if you want to object to the valuation(s) shown in your Land Tax Assessment Notice or your Vacant Residential Land Tax Assessment. You have two months from when the assessment was delivered to lodge your objection with the State Revenue Office.

Once we receive your objection, we forward it to the relevant valuation authority for determination. Completing this form complies with the Valuation of Land Act 1960 and assists in discussions with the valuer.

If you want to object to the site value, capital improved value or net annual value of a property, as shown on your council rate notice, you must complete the appropriate council valuation objection form and lodge it with the relevant council within two months of receiving your rate notice.

If you want to amend something on your land tax assessment, use the Land Tax Amendment Form, and if you want to amend something on your vacant residential land tax assessment, use the portal at

Use the Land Tax Objection form if you want to object to anything other than the valuation(s) on your land tax or vacant residential land tax assessment(s).

Who can complete this form?

You or your representative can complete this form.

To complete this form you will need:
  • your Land Tax Assessment Notice or Vacant Residential Land Tax Assessment

Other documents which may assist you in completing this form include:

  • your council rate notice,
  • the title for the property(s) subject to your objection

This SmartForm is designed to be completed and submitted electronically. Upon submission, you will be redirected to another page from which you may print a copy for your records.

Before you start, please review our SmartForm tips to help you complete this form.

Open a previously saved form

Service Provided By
Company logo for State Revenue Office - Victoria

State Revenue Office - Victoria